Tuesday, June 10, 2008

elliptical machine

I bought an elliptical machine in lieu of going to the YMCA. I've gone to the YMCA for the past ten years, and it was hard to sign that termination notice of membership. But I am starting on my masters this summer, and my time will be extremely limited with working a FT job and taking classes in the evening. I knew I would not be able to make it to the gym, so I decided to invest in a piece of work out equipment so I wouldn't be constrained by the hours of the gym.

So, now I have my elliptical. And it makes me mad, because now that it's at home, I feel like I have no reason to not work out every single day. Every day, I have at least five free minutes, so in that five free minutes I don't feel right sitting on my fat ass. I feel like I should get on that damned machine and burn five minutes worth of calories. It's wearing me out! Maybe when I'm fit and fabulous from all of my extra working out, I won't be so mad anymore.

No comments: