Wednesday, February 4, 2009

doctor's office

I started going to a new doctor. They sent me a ton of paperwork in the mail to fill out before I arrived. No problem. In the packet there was also a scathing letter about people who show up late for their appointment. It wasn't like a little mention that you sometimes see, but a whole entire letter about it. So, I'm thinking these people must be extremely time conscious. Again, no problem. I am always five minutes early for everything.

However, I arrive on time, with all of my paperwork filled out, and I sit. And then I sit, and I sit, and I sit. After about 20 minutes, I come up and ask what the hold up is. They tell me the doctor is with a patient and still has one patient left to see before me. I tell them that if they expect me to be on time, then they should also be on time. They looked at me as if I were the devil. After 30 minutes, I told them if they didn't get me in, I was leaving. They asked if I would like to reschedule. I said, "why, so I can come and sit here for another 30 minutes?"

This shit annoys me. Why don't you just put up a sign that says, "We don't really care about your time. We only care about our time. So, please come in. Expect to wait thirty minutes, and then you can pay us for essentially being inconsiderate of you." It's unfortunate doctors don't treat you more like a customer than like a patient. Makes me mad.

No comments: