Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sleeveless dresses

I have been shopping all summer. And it has been for the same thing, a dress that is not sleeveless. Do you know how hard it is to find a dress that has sleeves these days?

Now, I appreciate that it is 100 degrees most days where I live. But I work. In a professional environment. And dresses without sleeves are not allowed. I prefer a dress, because, well, it's just easier. You only have to pull one piece out of your closet. You don't have to match anything, except for your shoes. It makes the morning go so much faster. One less decision I have to make before a day that will have a thousand other decisions.

I know, I know, I can put a cardigan over my sleeveless dress. But did I mention that it's 100 degrees most days where I live? The thought of putting on a sweater makes me cringe. I might as well put on tights and boots, too.

J. Crew, Ann Taylor, The Limited--sure you have one or two dresses with sleeves, but most of your items are sleeveless! I think somebody needs to help you learn some more about your demographic. Surely I am not the only woman this kind of nonsense makes mad. Surely.

No comments: