Thursday, April 1, 2010

gas station

So, last night, I pull into the gas station in an attempt to get gas. Nice and simple. I get out of my car, I put in my credit card, I lift the apparatus that pumps the gas, unscrew the cap, and I begin to pump. Again, nice and simple.

Until some lady comes running out of the gas station screaming at me about how I'm pumping gas on some other customer's pump. WTF? Did I run over a really small car or motorcycle that I didn't see? Turns out, some idiot parked his car in the spaces in front of the gas station, went in and paid, and then was going to drive to the pump. Who in the hell does that? Even if you pay in cash, you always pull in front of the pump and then walk in, right? Well, if you don't, you should, because that's what happens--somebody gets on your pump.

Apparently, I pumped $1.11 of someone else's gas, and the gas station lady is telling me I have to give this man $1.11 in cash. I tell that lady she can suck it (in a nice way, because I am, after all, classy), and that this is not my problem, I don't have any cash, and they are going to have to reimburse the customer. I had no way of knowing he had paid to pump gas on that pump. She looked at me like I was an idiot and the devil, both at the same time. I'm familiar with the look, because I give it to my husband a lot.

Just goes to show that stupid people can mess up the most mundane of things.

2 comments:

Pretty Fun said...

Why would he not park at the pump? Weird.

The Mad Hatter said...

People are crazy. That's all I know.