Sunday, April 18, 2010

The movie theater line

How is it the movie theater gives so many good topics for posting on my blog?

My husband and I went to see Kick Ass yesterday. It was the first Saturday it was out, and we went to the last movie time in the afternoon before the prices went up. So, of course, I'm anticipating that it's going to be busy. I'm not a crazy person. I know when you go to the a widely publicized movie on the first Saturday it's out, in the middle of the afternoon, it's going to be a mob. I sent my husband for seats and I went for the popcorn, soda, and a hot dog.

The line was long. There were two cashiers (annoying enough), and the line was about six people deep per cashier. I stood in line for close to twenty minutes. I have to assume the people in front of me stood in line for just as long. So, the lady before the lady in front of me gets to the front and stands there for several minutes looking at the billboard trying to decide what to choose. Seriously, what in the hell were you doing for the twenty minutes or ten minutes or even FIVE minutes you standing in line. You're by yourself, so you weren't talking to a buddy. You weren't on your cell phone. Pretty much all you had to do was look at the menu up at the top and choose what size popcorn and soda you wanted. Even with the newer fancy stuff like hot dogs and nachos, it's not like it's a complicated menu.

I wanted to push this lady to the side and tell her to get back in line when she knew what she wanted. Of course, I didn't, because that might either get me beat up or arrested for assault and battery. And I wanted to see the movie. But it still made me really mad.

No comments: