Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hand Eye Coordination

I have horrible hand eye coordination, and on top of that horribly slow reflexes. (Do those go hand in hand?) I am one of those people, who when you raise your hand up like you are going to play slap me, and thirty seconds later I react.

Usually, in my adult life, being that I play no intramural sports, it does not affect me.

Only recently, my husband and I have added to our library of Wii games. Last night, I thought, "hey, why not try some of these out?" I never, and I mean NEVER play video games. It is usually because of my aforementioned affliction. My husband, on the other hand, being the nerd he is, grew up on computer and video games. It is one of the few times I think he is a genius--when I see him in action with the Wii controller.

Now, I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Wii controller, but it is much more difficult to use than your average controller. You hold it in/with one hand, not two, and then there is another part you hold in your other hand. So, (in case you're not getting it), you actually are manning TWO controllers--both which have buttons. You use ALL of the buttons to make your man shoot, run, walk, stab people with a knife, etc. I'm trying to play Resident Evil 4, and apparently it is so funny, that my husband decides to get out the video camera while I try to shoot zombies and say the F word five hundred times. That'll be one to save and show to the kids!

I die quickly, and while it is painless, the obvious deflation of my pride is not.

Of course, when it's his turn, he hits every single zombie right in the head, clears them with one shot, and doesn't even break a sweat, much less utter a foul four digit word.

And that, my good friends, is why I NEVER play video games.

No comments: