Friday, May 16, 2008

Waiting

I get both my eyebrows and hair done at N Style Salon on Penn here in the great state of Oklahoma. And yesterday, I had an appointment. They are always scheduled back to back, because the salon isn't close to my house and who wants to drive a long way for an eyebrow wax?

So, I show up five minutes early, because I'm the type of person who, if I'm late, it's because I'm not coming. And the receptionist shows me to the day spa, and I wait and wait and wait. Finally, twenty five minutes later, I get up and go out to the receptionist and tell her I don't want to wait anymore, because I have a hair appointment for which I am already late. So, she goes and gets my hair stylist who comes up to me and asks me if I got Whitney's message (Whitney is the eyebrow lady).

Well, "no," I say..."I left my phone at home." And she tells me Whitney had to cancel the appointment. Which is fine with me, and I'm not mad at Whitney at all, because I understand things come up, but why in the hell did the receptionist let me sit there for 25 minutes waiting on someone who wasn't even there? I was super mad. I think I'm going to have to call and complain.

No comments: