Thursday, July 17, 2008

quitter

I am horrible at failing. You're probably reading this and thinking, "Heeellllooo, isn't everyone horrible at failing?" And to that, I say, no, not really. Some people are positive in the event of a failure. Some people say, "we'll get them next time!" and work twice as hard and try to overcome the failure. Not me. Some people let it roll off their back, think tomorrow is another day. Again, not me.

Me? I am the kid who, if you didn't want to play my way, just wouldn't play. So, if I can't win, I'm really not all that interested. Which means, when I don't win, I don't want to play anymore. And in my personal life, it's fine, but at work, not so much. It's not like every time I am not successful I can just up and walk out of my job. It's not very responsible, and I would never amass a retirement for my RV excursions in later life.

But I still want to quit every time I fail at work. Because, well, I'm a quitter. And I'm not ashamed. It's not the best quality, but it's not the worst, either. If I can't win or be the super star or at least be close to being the super star, then I'm just not interested anymore.

And when I still have to get up and go to work and I don't want to, it makes me mad.

No comments: