Sunday, August 17, 2008

nightmares

Last night I had a nightmare. Twice. I had it the first time, it woke me up, and I went to pee. Then I went back to sleep and had it again. Not the exact same nightmare, just a continuation of the first one. It's like I was watching a TV show, and the pee was my commercial break, and when I went back to sleep, the show was off commercial and started right back up again. Pissed me off so bad that after the second time, I just stayed awake. Does this ever happen to you? And why is it that it never happens with the good dreams. You know, those dreams where you are just about to kiss Christian Bale, and you wake up--you never get to start those back up again. It's over once you open your eyes never to return. It's just another of life's mysteries. You would think your brain would be less likely to return to the nightmare, and more likely to return to Mr. Hottie with his lips puckered up. But alas, it is not so.

Life is so unfair.

No comments: