Monday, January 28, 2008

RSVP


It makes me mad when you have a party and an invitation says "RSVP" or "Regrets only" and people do not contact the party thrower and let them know whether or not they are coming. If I was nice enough to fill out a freaking invitation to send over to you, can't you take two minutes out of the day to let me know whether or not you are going to be able to make it? Hell, send me a text message or an e-mail or just write "Return to Sender" on the envelope and mail it back to me. At least that way I'll know how much food/liquor/party hats to buy without having to spend two days calling around to find out who all is coming to the party. I'm planning a shin dig here, people! I don't have time to get the invitations out and then call each of you personally to see whether or not you can make it. If I had time for that, I would have called everyone in the first place instead of sending out invites.

So, please check your stupid invitations and if there is an RSVP, give the soiree planner a call. You'll feel better about yourself in the morning.

No comments: