Monday, January 21, 2008

What this blog is about...

I've wanted to do one of these for a long time, but I couldn't come up with anything I thought I could write about every day. I swear I have mild ADD, and am horrible at sticking with anything. But my very best friend pointed something out to me a few weeks ago, and like being struck by lightening I realized it was something I could go on and on about endlessly. So, I'm committing to writing every day, in sickness and in health, only maybe not while I'm on vacation.

What is it, you ask? Well, it's about what makes me mad. I probably say, out loud no less, at least three times a day, "that makes me mad." Sometimes, "that makes me REALLY mad," or, "that really pisses me off," but at least some variation, three times a day. Now you're probably thinking I must be a really angry person. And I want to assure you I'm not. Sure, I get really worked up about some things--poverty, injustice, George Bush. But the things I'm talking about here are the little every day things that just get on your nerves. Mostly it's stupid people. Or the stupid things stupid people do. You know, those things that don't necessarily eat at you and keep you from sleeping, but they make enough of a dent in your day to make you want to slap somebody. Those things where you just think, "you idiot" and then turn to the person sitting next to you, make a "you idiot" face and say, "what the fuck did that idiot just say?"

Don't feel sorry for me or worry about my mental health. I have low blood pressure and while some may think I'm a few sandwiches shy of a picnic, I assure you, I'm mentally stable enough to hold down a 50 hour a week job in a sober state of mind. I work out four times a week and my favorite place in the entire world is Walt Disney World. If you met me, you would find me happy most of the time (people who are happy all of the time are on some kind of narcotics or living with their head buried in the sand).

So, please, check back each day for a dose of what makes me mad. I bet there'll be some things where you're nodding your head in agreement. And if you're one of the people who make me mad or do the things that make me mad, have a sense of humor for goodness sake! One man's trash is another man's treasure! You say tomato, I say tomato--wait that doesn't seem the same when it's in writing. Either way, you get the picture.

Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: If you are stupid, easily offended,a Republican leaning to the right in the extreme, or someone who doesn't like the F word, this blog might not be the one for you.

No comments: