Monday, March 24, 2008

Where did you take Driver's Ed?

Because half of the world does not understand the concept of a turn signal. A turn signal, in case you do not know, is used to let other people know you are making a turn. ANYTIME you are making a turn, you should put on your signal. See, I live by a major street. So, turning right or left to get out is sometimes a hassle. I also live about two blocks from the busiest mall in my city, so Christmastime is delightful as far as getting anywhere outside my neighborhood. There is nothing that makes me more angry (well, maybe there are some things) than sitting at the end of my street waiting to make a right or left turn and having some idget get right up to my street and then turn, without ever putting on a signal. This might be confusing for you, so let me explain. Basically, what I'm saying is, I could have gotten out onto the major street had I known Mr. (or Ms.) Idget was going to be turning. But instead, I sat there and waited,thinking they were going to continue on the major street (how dumb of me!) as they turned with no warning, and now I have missed my chance and must wait for five more minutes.

The turn signals were put there for a reason dillhole! They are worth lots of points on your driver's ed test, and if you do not use them, you can FAIL. F-A-I-L. It is my opinion that you should have to retest in order to get your license renewed. Maybe then, these inconsiderate a-holes will remember what common courtesy is. Or maybe one day they'll take it in the bumper. A good rear ending from another car unaware of the intent to turn would surely cure them of this annoying habit.

It's tough being back in the real world and off vacation.

No comments: