Sunday, January 31, 2010

Plus size?

First, don't anyone get me wrong and think I am saying there is anything wrong with plus sized ladies. Because I'm not. If you are happy with how you look, whether you wear 100 pounds or 300 pounds, good for you.

But I am very weight conscious, weighing 150 pounds at 5'8" in height. I wear a size ten. On a very lucky day, in something with a more generous cut, I might wear an eight. Those are good days. I am not a thin person, but I am also not a fat person. I fall into that valley where loads of normal women who like to eat more than salads fall. No problem.

I don't think of myself as "large." I don't think a ten is "large." 0-2, is XS, 4-6 is S, 8-10 is M, and 12-14 is L. I know I am not a large, because if a garment is sized in letters, and I pick out the L, it is too big. Not just some of the time, like the size eight, size ten scenario, but 98% of the time. So, in my head, I'm a medium.

Apparently, this is not the case on e-bay. Everyone seems to put in the tens as larges. And at the thrift store? I often find tens in the plus size section. A ten is definitely not a plus size. I am sure to all of the twos and fours in the world, it is. But in the world of women with boobs, it is not.

I really want to send every single e-bay seller a message and let them know that a ten is not a large, but unfortunately, I don't have the time for that. I'm too busy eating cupcakes.

No comments: