Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unfair madness

My husband was sea sick on our cruise. About the only thing he could actually do without looking pukey was lay down in the room in the bed. And that was about the only thing I couldn't do, or I would get pukey. So, the first three days at sea, it was like being on vacation by myself. No one to talk to. No one to drink fruity liquor drinks with. No one to dance with.

But here's the thing...I was mad. Not kind of mad, but really mad at him. I know it wasn't his fault, but that didn't seem to help me contain my anger. Every time I had to do something alone and then come back to find him in a coma due to motion sickness medicine, I wanted to punch him in the face and call him mean names. I did not actually punch him in the face, but I did call him a few mean names.

Sometimes, these kinds of things happen--where I'm mad at someone over something that is really not their fault. I can't seem to control it. And then I get mad at myself.

The best thing is that my husband just looks at me like I'm bitchy and insane. It's a good way to make me feel guilty, but still mad.

No comments: