Monday, February 25, 2008

appetizer

I order an appetizer to appease my appetite while I'm waiting on my entree. I do not usually order an appetizer unless I am starving and cannot fathom having to wait until my actual meal arrives. So, it really makes me mad when the waiter/waitress brings my appetizer at the same time they bring my entree. Why in the hell would I order an appetizer if I wanted it with my entree? Why would I say, "to start out with, we'd like the ___." What is it they think I mean exactly? If I was ordering it with my meal, I'd be ordering it as a side dish, not as an appetizer. And then, they look at me like I'm crazy when they bring it out with my meal and I no longer want it. I wanted it as an appetizer! Now that my actual meal is here, I'm not interested in the "pre-meal" anymore. Sheesh, people...

No comments: