Thursday, February 7, 2008

ebay


I list stuff on e-bay to make extra money in desperate times. Okay, not really desperate times, but times when I want to go out and buy myself a new expensive handbag or pair of shoes. Neither here nor there, the point is that I list stuff on e-bay. Some ebay shoppers are really annoying. Lots of them are, actually. They ask crazy questions. They bid on crap and then tell you they can't pay for it for a month. They win stuff and then claim it was an "accident" and expect to not have to pay for the item and you to eat the selling cost and final value fee and not give negative feedback. I could probably write an entire blog titled makes-me-mad-ebay.blogspot.com.

But here's what really makes me mad. It's when I list something and nobody bids on it, and then, AFTER it closes, somebody sends me an e-mail and asks, "are you going to relist X? If you do, can you let me know?" I want to ask them why, if they wanted X, they didn't bid on it the first time. It's not like I have all the time in the world to list and relist and relist and a bottomless pocketbook that allows me to pay to relist the crap two and three times. So, usually, I just don't reply. And I send the item to Goodwill.

No comments: